In this course we shall cover the fundamentals of project management while at the same time learning to use the premium project management modelling tool today Microsoft Project.
You will in effect get to complete two distinct but carefully interleaved courses;
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Microsoft Project Boot-camp
We shall start by setting up a project model on Microsoft Project. After each conceptual section of the project management fundamentals course, we shall take some time and build a piece of the project model. We'll model what we learn. In the end of the course you will have used Microsoft Project to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control as well as close a real-life project in model form.
This course is geared to anyone wishing to make a start in project management or project team members, LOB managers or executives. “What is project management?” is the first question we shall seek answers to.
We shall then advance step-wise and examine the value project management brings to the 21st Century organization. We learn aligning projects with strategy as well as the roles you can expect in each project.
We shall then take a deep dive into topics such as
- Project scope,
- Project management best practices
In a senior management or executive role, you
- Will acquire a crisp high-level view relating to how projects are managed professionally.
- Will be in a better position to manage your project managers and project teams.
- Will be in a position to make informed decisions and use professional project managers to grow your organization's project management maturity.
As a project team member completing this course you will be able to participate more meaningfully in projects as you will have a far better understanding of project mechanics.
For a beginner looking to enter the project management field then this course is close to perfect. If you have painted your house, arranged a child birthday or any event for that matter then you have already managed projects, we all have. The key thing thought is to learn to manage projects professionally as per best practices. Project management best practices are now codified and well documented. As a beginner this course will set you up to lead minor projects or assist a project manager as a project coordinator successfully. The key difference though is that you'll have the skill needed to do this professionally using best practices.
Your student kit will include
- Course Workbook containing hard copies of the slides and a case study
- 3-month subscription to interactive e-learning system, including: - Lessons from Top PMs:
- Best seller Alpha Project Managers: What the Top 2% Know That Everyone Else Does Not, by Andy Crowe
This four-day course will be delivered in two configurations
- Live instructor-led classroom course -C$2,275
- Live instructor-led online course - C$1,975
Please feel free to pre-register at no cost or obligation using the form below. We'll reach out as soon as we've finalized the course dates so that you can register.